On Sunday I was test driving a 15-passenger van that was selling for an insanely low price from a man who told me that he lived his life by prayer. He said that each day he opens his hands and says, “God, this is all yours. What do you want me to do with it.” He told us to commit the purchase to prayer ourselves and ultimately knocked even more off the low price to donate to our ministry, wishing us the best of luck on the Chosen tour. As I drove away in our new van, I was convicted of how often I don’t fully pray with the expectations that God is going to show up and do something amazing. And then, even worse, when he does show up I don’t even acknowledge that it was an answered prayer. This week I would love for us to just take some time and thank God for the many ways he has provided and answered prayers. If you have some praises you would like to share, feel free to email me and I will pass them on next week.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. ~Psalm 118:1
A few of the answered prayers we’ve seen over the past month:
- Chosen Birth Certificates – We finally have them for all seven of the children!
- Chosen Transportation – We have a van!
- Children in Need of Sponsorship – We had 13 new sponsors in July and 16 new pending sponsors already this month!
- High School Laboratory – The funds were raised to complete the construction of the laboratory to allow our school to register for examinations!
- Deeper Engagement – We’ve received over 300 personal letters and packages from sponsors to their sponsored children over the past month!
- Birthday Bash – We’ve had over $5,000 donated toward the second birthday bash for all of our sponsored children!